Hoi An Travel are for those who want to get away from the tourists and really connect with a city, with a local by their side. The experience can be as short as a couple of hours, or as long as a whole day, but in every case our Hoi An Travel tours take travellers to interesting places to experience local culture and see what makes a place unique. Join us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Help! I’m having problems with your website!
– Please contact us at email@example.com a screen grab of your problem and we’ll get back to you right away.
2. Will tours be cancelled in bad weather?
– We don’t want you to miss out on your tour just because of a little rain so most tours will go ahead in all weather conditions. However, if tours are cancelled under extreme circumstances, we will contact you to move your tour to another day. For that reason, please make sure your booking includes a phone number or email address where we can contact you while you’re travelling.
3. Will I get a confirmation from Hoi An Travel after I’ve made a booking?
– We’ll send you instant confirmation of your trip via email. You’ll get a voucher with a 5-digit reference number – please use this number if you need to message us about your booking (helps to keep us organized). If you don’t receive your confirmation within 24 hours of booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll fix it for you.
4. What if I need to cancel?
– Why would you want to cancel?! Okay, we know sometimes things come up, so we’ll let you cancel if you need to. But it will make us very sad. You can cancel your booking up to 48 hours prior to the tour’s start time. Any cancellations made after that window are subject to a 100% cancellation fee, as per our terms and conditions.
5. How do I cancel my booking?
– You can log into your booking under the ‘Log in’ section on the Hoi An Travel home page using your email address and reference number. From there, you can cancel your booking, and your request will be sent to us, who will aim to respond within 24 hours. If you need to cancel within 48 hours of your departure date, you will need to call us directly to confirm. The contact details will be in your booking voucher. Please be aware that cancellations within 48 hours of departure will incur a 100% cancellation charge, as per our terms and conditions. Tough love, friends.
6. What if I have problems during my adventure?
– Please talk to your guide. If for any reason you are not happy with the outcome, please add this to your feedback, or contact us at email@example.com.
7. Is tipping common in other parts of the world?
– Yes, tipping is commonplace in most parts of the world, particularly in the service industry (that includes tour guides!). Although our trips are inclusive of all costs and we ensure our guides and local staff are paid fairly, tips are always welcome.
8. How do I provide feedback after my tour?
– After your adventure, you’ll get an email asking for your feedback. If for some reason you don’t receive a feedback email, you can also provide feedback on our website by logging in to your booking in the Log In section (top right corner of the site) using your email address and reference number. From there, you can find your previous tours and provide feedback by clicking the ‘provide feedback’ link. We welcome all comments, and appreciate you taking the time to respond. We’re always re-evaluating our tours to offer the best experience, and your feedback helps us immensely. You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Can I share my experience and photos after my trip?
– Yes, please! If you have had the great day with us, we want to know! If you have photos you would like to submit to Hoi An Travel, please send an email to email@example.com or share them on our Facebook page. As well, if you’re an Instagrammer, don’t forget to tag your photos with #hoiantravel so we can see them.
These terms and conditions contain legal obligations and we encourage you to read through them carefully. Unless otherwise started, any purchases made through hoiantravel.com, our distributors, and our affiliates are subject to these terms and conditions.
1. Our contract
– All bookings are made with Hoi An Travel (us/we). By making a booking, the traveller (you) is deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions on behalf of all individuals included in the booking. The services to be provided are those in your booking confirmation invoice. No alterations or variations to these terms and conditions are in effect unless made in writing by and under the authority of Hoi An Travel.
2. Pricing and payments
a) Prices and exchange rates —Prices are correct at the time of quoting, converted at the prevailing foreign exchange rate as set by Hoi An Travel. The rate will float on a daily basis in line with international currency movements.
b) Price changes —The prices appearing on the website are the current rates and can change without notice. Once a traveller has booked a Hoi An Travel, the traveller will not be required to pay any difference in the event of a price increase. Hoi An Travel will not refund the balance of any price reduction.
c) Child rate— Our child rates apply at the time of the tour, not the time of booking. Proof of age must be available for inspection on the day of travel. If a traveller is identified as not qualifying for a child price (if a child price is available for the tour), the traveller will be required to provide the balance of difference between the adult rate and child rate for the tour before being permitted to start the trip.
d) Per person— All prices listed are on our website unless otherwise stated.
e) Inclusions— Prices include all inclusions as indicated on the tour description on com.
f) Exclusions— Prices do not include:
f.1. Tips and gratuities— If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Hoi An Travel destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
f.2. Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
f.3. Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees.
a) Credit cards — Hoi An Travel accepts the following credit cards for payment:
b) Credit card service fee— Hoi An Travel Co., Ltd does not charge travellers a service fee on credit card payments; however, our bank accounts are domiciled in Viet Nam. Some banks have been known charge their customers a small fee for what they see as an international transaction. Please check with your bank prior to purchase if this will affect your payment.
c) Payment due —With the exception of Private Tours, full payment is required at the time of booking. Payment for private tours is due upon confirmation of tour itinerary.
3. Cancellations/no-shows and amendments to bookings
3.1 Cancellations by the traveller
a) Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by Hoi An Travel Co., Ltd. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows:
– Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund;
– Cancellations made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued.
b) Unused portions of tours– No refund is provided for any unused portion of a tour, including the entire tour in the event a traveller does not commence at the designated start point of the tour.
3.2 Cancellations by Hoi An Travel
– We may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
3.3 Amendments to bookings by the traveller
– If a traveller wishes to amend an existing booking, the original booking must be cancelled and a new booking made. Prices applying to the new booking will be the price at the time the new booking is made. Cancellation charges may apply (refer to 3.1 Cancellations by the traveller).
3.4 Amendments to itineraries by Hoi An Travel
– While we endeavour to operate all tours as described, we reserve the right to change the tour itinerary. The itinerary provided for each adventure is representative of the activities planned; however, the route, amenities, stops, and modes of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. If we make a major change before departure, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control.
4. Confirmation and vouchers
a) Confirmation— Upon receipt of full payment, Hoi An Travel will issue a voucher via email for the booked tour.
b) Voucher— The lead traveller must present the original voucher issued by Hoi An Travel at the start of the tour. Hoi An Travel reserves the right to refuse service to any travellers not able to provide their voucher to their guide at the beginning of the tour.
5. Your Hoi An Travel
– Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. In the event a traveller is not at the designated starting point within 15 minutes of the start time provided, Hoi An Travel and the local Hoi An Travel Partner will consider the traveller to be a “no show” and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
a. Pick-up— If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
b. Meeting point— If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
5.2 Your responsibility
– The traveller making the booking is responsible for their own and their party’s actions. If Hoi An Travel deems you or your party’s actions to cause danger to other travellers or our staff, to intervene with other clients’ enjoyment of the trip, or to be offensive to the local communities and cultures, Hoi An Travel reserve the right to remove you from the tour effectively immediately. No refund will be supplied. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange, and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
6. Information accuracy
– The lead traveller is responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Hoi An Travel reserves the right to cancel any bookings if inaccurate information is provided, including (but not exclusive to):
– Traveller name(s)
– Hotel (pick-up) details
– Email address
– Should you have a complaint about your tour, please contact Hoi An Travel in writing within 15 days. Complaints received outside this timeframe will not be considered.
8. Photos and marketing
– You consent to us using images of you taken during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
a) By using Hoi An Travel.com, Hoi An Travel distributors, and/or affiliates, the traveller agrees to be bound by the conditions outlined in these terms and conditions.
b) By engaging with Hoi An Travel, the traveller agrees to do so for lawful purposes only.
c) When engaging with Hoi An Travel, the traveller agrees to do so for personal purposes and not for their own personal commercial gain and will not enter into or provide fraudulent requests or information to Hoi An Travel.
11. Disclaimers and limitations of liability
a) Hoi An Travel, affiliates, and distributors shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity, liability, or expense to person or property.
b) Hoi An Travel, affiliates, and distributors accept no responsibility for any sickness, acts of crime, labour disputes, government actions, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation, or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control.
c) Hoi An Travel maintains information that is accurate to the best of our knowledge; however, does not warrant that content and information provided on comor via any of our affiliate sites or via distributors will be without error and that functionality of the websites uninterrupted or without error.
d) Hoi An Travel will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveller who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
– You agree to defend and indemnify Hoi An Travel, and any of their officers, directors, employees, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties, or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature, including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees brought by third parties as a result of:
a) Your breach of this agreement or documents referenced in this agreement;
b) Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; and/or
c) Your use of this website or any of Hoi An Travel affiliate websites.
– In the event that any term or condition contained here is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason, then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
14. Registered address
– No 10 Tran Hung Dao st, Minh An ward, Hoi An city, Quang Nam province, Viet Nam.
15. Updating of terms and conditions
– Hoi An Travel reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. The latest terms and conditions can always be found on the Hoi An Travel website hoiantravel.com and will supersede any previous versions.
At Hoi AN Travel, we understand that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you.
If you have a complaint, or would like more information about our data management practices, we can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, Hoi An Travel one member Co., Ltd may collect and hold personal information such as:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- Any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travellers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our in-store or other representatives.
Information that we collect (such as about your health or religion) may be considered “sensitive information” under the Privacy Act. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive information on the condition that we have your consent.
If you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising or on our website. All participants of Hoi An Travel trips authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details below.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant in-store or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- From people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- From market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- From partners performing services on our behalf; and
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- Aome countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending upon your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate
- Manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- To contact you in the event of an emergency
- Combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- To identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- To make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- For identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your email address to us to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information inside Hoi An Travel for the purposes of providing products or services to you, research and marketing purposes. Any marketing purposes will be conducted in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyse trends and further improve our service to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
- In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
Security of Information
Credit card security
- All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
- The Intrepid Group does not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
- We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How do I access and correct my personal information?
You can enquire about personal information we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request, however we will endeavour to deal with your request sooner.
You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you using the contact details below. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Use of TOOLS/”COOKIES” and links to other websites
Lodging a complaint (khiếu nại về việc thông tin khách hàng bị xâm phạm)
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
What are cookies?
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using — so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each. You can find more information on the About Cookies website www.aboutcookies.org/
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a booking.
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in this statement.
How the cookies are used
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book trips with us
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
Buying our products online
Your recent searches and shortlisted holidays are recorded using cookies. If you’ve made a shortlist but you haven’t saved it by entering your email address, we’ll store your shortlisted holidays using a cookie, so you’ll be able to see it when you visit us again using the same computer or device.
Improving your experience
We can find out how you move around our website, so we can look into any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is really important for us to improve your experience.
Making your experience personal
When you’re on our website, we might interact with you or show you personalised information and offers anonymously. Cookies help us to do this by letting us know how you’re using our website on your particular computer or device, which means we can work out what’s most relevant to you.
Advertisements on other websites
Types of cookies we use
You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which you may access at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies